Exodus 36:8-38:1 — The Tabernacle is built according to God’s pattern.
Chapter 36 (8) And all the craftsmen among the workmen made the tabernacle with ten curtains. They were made of fine twined linen and blue and purple and scarlet yarns, with cherubim skillfully worked. (9) The length of each curtain was twenty-eight cubits, and the breadth of each curtain four cubits. All the curtains were the same size.
(10) He coupled five curtains to one another, and the other five curtains he coupled to one another. (11) He made loops of blue on the edge of the outermost curtain of the first set. Likewise he made them on the edge of the outermost curtain of the second set. (12) He made fifty loops on the one curtain, and he made fifty loops on the edge of the curtain that was in the second set. The loops were opposite one another. (13) And he made fifty clasps of gold, and coupled the curtains one to the other with clasps. So the tabernacle was a single whole.
(14) He also made curtains of goats’ hair for a tent over the tabernacle. He made eleven curtains. (15) The length of each curtain was thirty cubits, and the breadth of each curtain four cubits. The eleven curtains were the same size. (16) He coupled five curtains by themselves, and six curtains by themselves. (17) And he made fifty loops on the edge of the outermost curtain of the one set, and fifty loops on the edge of the other connecting curtain. (18) And he made fifty clasps of bronze to couple the tent together that it might be a single whole. (19) And he made for the tent a covering of tanned rams’ skins and goatskins.
(20) Then he made the upright frames for the tabernacle of acacia wood. (21) Ten cubits was the length of a frame, and a cubit and a half the breadth of each frame. (22) Each frame had two tenons for fitting together. He did this for all the frames of the tabernacle. (23) The frames for the tabernacle he made thus: twenty frames for the south side. (24) And he made forty bases of silver under the twenty frames, two bases under one frame for its two tenons, and two bases under the next frame for its two tenons. (25) For the second side of the tabernacle, on the north side, he made twenty frames (26) and their forty bases of silver, two bases under one frame and two bases under the next frame. (27) For the rear of the tabernacle westward he made six frames. (28) He made two frames for corners of the tabernacle in the rear. (29) And they were separate beneath but joined at the top, at the first ring. He made two of them this way for the two corners. (30) There were eight frames with their bases of silver: sixteen bases, under every frame two bases.
(31) He made bars of acacia wood, five for the frames of the one side of the tabernacle, (32) and five bars for the frames of the other side of the tabernacle, and five bars for the frames of the tabernacle at the rear westward. (33) And he made the middle bar to run from end to end halfway up the frames. (34) And he overlaid the frames with gold, and made their rings of gold for holders for the bars, and overlaid the bars with gold.
(35) He made the veil of blue and purple and scarlet yarns and fine twined linen; with cherubim skillfully worked into it he made it. (36) And for it he made four pillars of acacia and overlaid them with gold. Their hooks were of gold, and he cast for them four bases of silver. (37) He also made a screen for the entrance of the tent, of blue and purple and scarlet yarns and fine twined linen, embroidered with needlework, (38) and its five pillars with their hooks. He overlaid their capitals, and their fillets were of gold, but their five bases were of bronze.
Making the Ark
(1)Bezalel made the ark of acacia wood. Two cubits and a half was its length, a cubit and a half its breadth, and a cubit and a half its height. (2 )And he overlaid it with pure gold inside and outside, and made a molding of gold around it. (3) And he cast for it four rings of gold for its four feet, two rings on its one side and two rings on its other side. (4) And he made poles of acacia wood and overlaid them with gold (5) and put the poles into the rings on the sides of the ark to carry the ark. (6) And he made a mercy seat of pure gold. Two cubits and a half was its length, and a cubit and a half its breadth. (7) And he made two cherubim of gold. He made them of hammered work on the two ends of the mercy seat, (8) one cherub on the one end, and one cherub on the other end. Of one piece with the mercy seat he made the cherubim on its two ends. (9) The cherubim spread out their wings above, overshadowing the mercy seat with their wings, with their faces one to another; toward the mercy seat were the faces of the cherubim.
Making the Table
(10) He also made the table of acacia wood. Two cubits was its length, a cubit its breadth, and a cubit and a half its height. (11) And he overlaid it with pure gold, and made a molding of gold around it. (12) And he made a rim around it a handbreadth wide, and made a molding of gold around the rim. (13) He cast for it four rings of gold and fastened the rings to the four corners at its four legs. (14) Close to the frame were the rings, as holders for the poles to carry the table. (15) He made the poles of acacia wood to carry the table, and overlaid them with gold. (16) And he made the vessels of pure gold that were to be on the table, its plates and dishes for incense, and its bowls and flagons with which to pour drink offerings.
Making the Lampstand
(17) He also made the lampstand of pure gold. He made the lampstand of hammered work. Its base, its stem, its cups, its calyxes, and its flowers were of one piece with it. (18) And there were six branches going out of its sides, three branches of the lampstand out of one side of it and three branches of the lampstand out of the other side of it; (19) three cups made like almond blossoms, each with calyx and flower, on one branch, and three cups made like almond blossoms, each with calyx and flower, on the other branch—so for the six branches going out of the lampstand. (20) And on the lampstand itself were four cups made like almond blossoms, with their calyxes and flowers, (21) and a calyx of one piece with it under each pair of the six branches going out of it. (22) Their calyxes and their branches were of one piece with it. The whole of it was a single piece of hammered work of pure gold. (23) And he made its seven lamps and its tongs and its trays of pure gold. (24) He made it and all its utensils out of a talent of pure gold.
Making the Altar of Incense
(25) He made the altar of incense of acacia wood. Its length was a cubit, and its breadth was a cubit. It was square, and two cubits was its height. Its horns were of one piece with it. (26) He overlaid it with pure gold, its top and around its sides and its horns. And he made a molding of gold around it, (27) and made two rings of gold on it under its molding, on two opposite sides of it, as holders for the poles with which to carry it. (28) And he made the poles of acacia wood and overlaid them with gold.
(29) He made the holy anointing oil also, and the pure fragrant incense, blended as by the perfumer.
Making the Altar of Burnt Offering
(1)He made the altar of burnt offering of acacia wood. Five cubits was its length, and five cubits its breadth. It was square, and three cubits was its height.